Thursday, May 17, 2012

40 in 4

I've gotten to a point where I am, once again, unhappy with myself.  Since last September, I have gained 30 pounds.  And while I have plenty of justifications for how and why it happened, it grosses me out, and pisses me off.  So now, I have to do something about it.

So, I am committed.  I am going to lose 40 pounds in the next 4 months.  And here's how:
I am cutting out refined sugars, dairy, and most grains unless they are whole and brown.
I am replacing two meals a day with protein shakes.
I am lifting weights at least 5 days a week.
I am getting in cardio every day, either in the form of derby practice or on my own.
I am reading Think and Grow Thin by Charles D'Angelo and putting these things into practice.
I am remembering that I am more than my weight.

So, here I am...Day 1 and I am committed.

1 comment: